Chennai is one of the most beautiful destinations in India. The good part is you can find various options according to your preferences. The rich history, art, culture, and nature are impressive. But how can you explore this extraordinary city? Well, the simple answer to this is self-driving cars.
Self-driving cars in Chennai have become popular because of many reasons. They are affordable, comfortable, easy to use, and more. All you have to do is search for satisfactory GPS-guided self-drive car routes.
It is vital to learn about the routes for a smooth driving experience. The most famous are Marina Beach to Mahabalipuram, Chennai to Pondicherry, and Yelagiri. In this article, we will discuss these routes in detail. So you can plan your next trip and use self-drive cars Chennai has for exploration.
What Are The Advantages Of Self-Drive Cars In Chennai?
As mentioned before, self-driving cars in Chennai have numerous advantages. You must know them to make the right decision for your trip.
- The convenience of travel: Everybody wants convenient traveling. However, that is only possible if you consider a car for rent in Chennai. You don’t need to worry because they are available in many locations. Still, you have to search for the promising rental providers. The only way is to read customer reviews and understand each one precisely.
A smooth traveling experience is not that challenging to achieve. If you plan everything, you might not face issues. Many people use a self-drive car rental Chennai to have a blissful exploration. Using public transport is not as convenient as you think it is.
- Cost-effective: Another reason you should consider self-drive cars Chennai is that they are affordable. You can find the best deals in the city if you search in detail. Public transportation is costly because you must spend money to go to every destination.
- More privacy and flexibility: Public transport might not provide privacy and flexibility. But with self-driven cars, you can have both. It is one of the benefits of using self-driving cars in Chennai. You can plan your grip according to your preferences without worrying about public transportation timings. Besides, cars have that privacy that you won’t enjoy on public transport.
How To Rent Self-Drive Cars In Chennai?
Self-drive cars Chennai are available at most locations. Here are some options-
- Comfort Drive Private Limited: This company is the most reputable for self-drive car rental Chennai. It was founded in 2015, and since then, it has provided the best services to their customers. They offer over 50 premium cars and have more than 15 rental stations. Their prices are also affordable as compared to others.
- Smile Self-Driven Cars: One of the most popular car rental companies in Chennai is Smile Self-driven Cars. It is well-known because they always focus on customer satisfaction. Their cars are clean, maintained, functional, and brilliant.
- Zoomcar: You can also select Zoomcar for getting self-driving cars in Chennai. This company has gained a lot of attention from people all over India. The primary reason behind it is the quality of services and affordable rates.
- Royal Cars And Travels: It is another company that you can choose for a car for rent in Chennai. There are plenty of reasons why people choose it. The most significant is low prices.
To rent self-driven cars in Chennai, you must have the following-
- A legal driving license
- Age must be 18 or more
- Adhaar card or identity proof
- Address proof
Also, you need to pay a specific amount as a security deposit.
Top Self-Driving Car Routes In Chennai
Route 1: Marina Beach To Mahabalipuram
The total distance between Marina Beach and Mahabalipuram is 5 km. You can travel the distance between 55 minutes to 1.5 hours. The time usually depends on the traffic. So, pick a time when you won’t face any traffic. Mornings and nights are perfect for driving.
People always consider self-driven cars in Chennai for this route because of the beautiful destinations. The brilliant ones are DakshinaChitra, Shore Temple, and Muttukadu Boat House. There are many options that you can check and explore.
Route 2: Chennai To Pondicherry
The total distance between Chennai to Pondicherry is around 150.7km. The time to cover the distance is 2 hours 45 minutes to 3 hours. The time varies according to the traffic and other things.
There are several tourist attractions that you can enjoy in these places. You can visit Serenity Beach, Auroville, and Chunnambar Boat House. These destinations attract many tourists from all over the world.
Route 3: Chennai To Yelagiri
Chennai to Yelagiri is also famous for using self-drive cars in Chennai. The time usually takes around 3 to 4 hours. And the distance is 307.7km. It is one of the best self-driving car routes. You can only understand this thing after experiencing it.
As for destinations, you can visit Kanchipuram, Vellore Fort, Jalagamparai Waterfalls, and Swamimalai Hills. These are known for providing the best experience with self-driving cars in Chennai.
Precautions To Take While Self-Driving In Chennai
Everyone needs to understand and take measures for better and smooth driving. The precautions are as follows-
- You must never break the traffic rules and regulations. In doing so, you have to face the consequences.
- It is crucial to check the weather conditions if you use a self-driving car rental Chennai.
- You need to wear seatbelts, carry your driving license, first aid, and more to be prepared for long drives.
- It is your responsibility to maintain the rental car. Otherwise, you have to pay additional charges.
Self-driving cars in Chennai are best for exploration because they are convenient, cost-effective, flexible, and more. But if you don’t take the necessary precautions, you might not get a good experience. Also, check out outstanding self-driving cars in Chennai by visiting https://www.selfdrivecarrent.in/.